jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From Narve Sætre <mrna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New home for ECS, ORO and Regexp?
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 07:50:30 GMT
Hi,

we stil use ECS for a project, and have no intention of dropping it
yet. As a matter of fact I tried to submit some patches to ECS a year
or two ago, but never got any responses. So moving it to Common would
be better for us - although we use a customized version (with the
abovementioned patches) so it does not really matter much.

So my company votes A :)

-n

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 02:47, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is cross-posted, please use your discretion to respond to the
> relevant list(s). At a suitable time, I'll try to collate replies in a
> summary post to general@.
>
> We have three Jakarta sub-projects that have been discussion points
> for moving elsewhere (viz. ECS, ORO and Regexp). For example, the last
> time this came up was during the merge development mailing lists
> discussion.
>
> There have been a couple of candidate locations spoken of where these
> can be moved:
> (a) Apache Commons, where they can be maintained -- pending Jakarta
> and Commons approvals; and
> (b) Apache Attic, where they can be retired -- pending Jakarta approval.
>
> If there is interest in moving one or more to Commons, we can initiate
> that topic with Commons some time soon.
>
> So, for each of the three sub-projects: Commons or Attic or something else now?
>
> I'll wait three weeks for any responses, please reply by 3/21 if you
> have any comments.
>
> -Rahul

Narve