jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: puzzle about "JavaScript required to sign in"
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:17:18 GMT
On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 22:35 +0800, TN wrote:
> hi there,
>
> I got trouble when try to write a simple code using HttpClient to login
> MSNSpace website.
> the result code of client.executeMethod() is 200, but the page returned say:
> JavaScript required to sign in
>
> what's the problem? how to make a HttpClient instance "enable javascript?"

i think you are on the wrong list. this list is for ECS (not
httpclient). see http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html.

FWIW i think that your problem is that the website requires javascript
to function. httpclient is just that: a HTTP client. to the HTTP
protocol, java script is just content data. the problem lies in
interpreting that content not in the client used to obtain the data.

- robert