jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Fw: additions to ConcreteElement
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 14:03:00 GMT

On Thursday, November 15, 2001, at 09:45 PM, jnilson wrote:

> "> i have concerns about performance "

is there any reason why you're using buffers in the render context rather
than writing directly to the response output stream?

> This is one of the main reason I added output(RenderContext context). The
> rational was to "conserve" objects by allowing them to hang around in
> memory
> and change their look and feel to suit different needs. Without it I
> found I
> often had to instantiate a new class for every small difference.

if you're not careful then re-using classes can cause unexpected problems
at high concurrency.

but - as i said before - this is something that i need to think about.

- robert