jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertdon...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Fw: additions to ConcreteElement
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:16:14 GMT
On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 10:21 PM, jnilson wrote:

<snip>

> Briefly the idea of RenderContext is to send to the object's output
> method a "context", specifically a HttpServletRequest:

hi John

i'm a more than a little confused about what you're trying to achieve.

i might have this completely wrong - so please set me straight if that's
the case.

you've created a wrapper for a HttpServletRequest (called RenderContext).
you'd like elements to include an output method that takes a RenderContext
and that uses that object for output. this allows you to write element
subclasses that override that method in order to vary output based on
information obtained from the RenderContext.

is that an accurate summary?

- robert