jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From "jnilson" <jnil...@verilytics.com>
Subject Re: Fw: additions to ConcreteElement
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2001 14:57:02 GMT

> is there any reason why you're using buffers in the render context rather
> than writing directly to the response output stream?

I need the Http request (which hold the user object among other things) and
the output buffer. As a result I had to create a container object
(RenderContext) to hold everything as it traversed the nodes and thus build
the resulting html.

> if you're not careful then re-using classes can cause unexpected problems
> at high concurrency.

By putting all the state into the user object, output(RenderContext )
doesn't remember from one output call to the next. If there is a potential
conflict which is rare, I just use 'synchronized'.