jakarta-ecs-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Nagy <sn...@connectria.com>
Subject Re: file open in browser on request by client
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:33:37 GMT
Sarvesh Akella wrote:

>Hi,
>
>1)I need to open a pdf file in browser on request by
>client from my java application.
>just open it.
>What do i have to do??
>2)if i want to give only view access to that file.I
>mean no save as option.then  what else do i have to
>do??

As long as a pdf viewer is installed on the client side and associated
with either .pdf or the mime-type for pdf it should just open
automatically.  Otherwise as far as I know their is no way to turn off
the save as box.  As for opening it.  It's just an anchor <a
href="location/of/pdf/file">PDF FILE</a>

-stephan