jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject CacheManager OOM risk
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:17:35 GMT
Hello,
I am doing some tests on an application that uses GET requests with a
parameter nocache generated for each request.
This application generates this request every second.

So I simulated this and ran an endurance test.

I noticed JMeter memory increased during the test.
I made a Heap Dump and saw that CacheManager was overwhelmed by this
request.

There is of course an issue with WebServer config that should add Expires
Header but I think we sould protect JMeter from this by limiting size on
Cachemanager HashMap,
as it is the case for a real browser that has a limited memory size for
cache.

Should I open an issue regarding this ?

Thanks.
Regards