jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.5.1 RC1
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2011 00:45:40 GMT

Le 25/09/2011 00:08, sebb a ecrit :
> On 25 September 2011 01:03, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Log:
>>> Temporary hack to work round
>>>

>> This temporary hack don't always work for me. When I call Stop command
>> at the beginning of a test (before end of ramp up), I have the same
>> deadlock.
>> (but sometimes the stop works fine.)
>>
> Can you do a thread dump when this happens?

Found one Java-level deadlock:
=============================
"Thread-205":
  waiting to lock monitor 0x0000000000d0bf78 (object 0x00000000e2c89ba8,
a org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager),
  which is held by "Thread Group 1-1"
"Thread Group 1-1":
  waiting to lock monitor 0x000000000205e638 (object 0x00000000e3425510,
a org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager$ConnAdapter),
  which is held by "Thread-205"

Java stack information for the threads listed above:
"Thread-205":
    at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.releaseConnection(SingleClientConnManager.java:258)
    - waiting to lock <0x00000000e2c89ba8> (a
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager)
    at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractClientConnAdapter.abortConnection(AbstractClientConnAdapter.java:323)
    - locked <0x00000000e3425510> (a
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager$ConnAdapter)
    at
org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpRequestBase.abort(HttpRequestBase.java:161)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.interrupt(HTTPHC4Impl.java:1087)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.interrupt(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:77)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.interrupt(JMeterThread.java:580)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.tellThreadsToStop(StandardJMeterEngine.java:552)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine.access$300(StandardJMeterEngine.java:58)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.StandardJMeterEngine$StopTest.run(StandardJMeterEngine.java:284)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
"Thread Group 1-1":
    at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.detach(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:106)
    - waiting to lock <0x00000000e3425510> (a
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager$ConnAdapter)
    at
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager.shutdown(SingleClientConnManager.java:342)
    - locked <0x00000000e2c89ba8> (a
org.apache.http.impl.conn.SingleClientConnManager)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.closeThreadLocalConnections(HTTPHC4Impl.java:1072)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl.threadFinished(HTTPHC4Impl.java:1061)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerProxy.threadFinished(HTTPSamplerProxy.java:71)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread$ThreadListenerTraverser.addNode(JMeterThread.java:553)
    at
org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverseInto(HashTree.java:986)
    at org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverse(HashTree.java:969)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.threadFinished(JMeterThread.java:528)
    at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:308)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Found 1 deadlock.

Full thread dump in attachment.
Test case is the SimpleTest.jmx, stop after 6-7 VU.
For this thread dump, I wait the end of ramp up for 100 VU, but only 99
up. (the 'last' is the TG 1-1)

>> I thinks we must release the version 2.5.1 to correct the others bugs
>> already fixed, and add a known problem in documentation for this deadlook?
>>
> Yes, that sounds reasonable. It's not clear yet whether this is a
> JMeter or HC4 problem; nor is it clear what to do to fix it.
> Anyway, it only occurs sometimes, and it only occurs when trying to
> stop the test - so the GUI can just be exitted.

Ok, I will prepare the RC2 tomorrow.
(Perhaps open a jmeter bugzilla for this bug?)

Milamber