jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [JMeter][RFC] JMeter report generator based on JAMon
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:41:15 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

see my comments below

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 25.07.11 16:11, sebb wrote:
> On 25 July 2011 14:14, Siegfried Goeschl<siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at>  wrote:
>> Hi Sebastian,
>>
>> a few clarifications
>>
>> +) the JMeter report is consumed by a STAX parser so this is basically a
>> post-processor of the JTL file
> JMeter already contains code to analyse JT:L files - might be better
> to use that, as any changes to the format will be handled by JMeter.

since I don't know the JMeter code base where can I find the code to
parser a JTL file?
>> +) the label and response time of the HTTP invocation is fed into JAMon
>> +) with a bit of manual code the underlying JAMon data model is written to a
>> HTML file
> So you are only using the JAMon data model, is that correct?
>
> JMeter also contains code to do summarising and various other
> statistical analyses for the GUI Listeners.

IMHO not good enough because I need the fulfill SLA's and require
mapping response times into intervals as shown in the "Page Detail
Table" section.

>> +) currently there is no way to customize the output
>>
>> I also played with CSV output but it is not significantly faster than XML in
>> my case but I will re-check.
> CSV output will be much smaller and is less expensive at run-time.
> It's also easier to parse - and again, JMeter has the code to parse the file.

Not sure about it but I think the XML output is the way to go because I
dump request and response on errors ...