jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JMeter][RFC] JMeter report generator based on JAMon
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:25:20 GMT
On 24 July 2011 15:19, Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using JMeter for some large-scale performance tests and had problems
> with the current approach of using XSLT to generate the HTML report since my
> JTL files exceed two gigabytes. Therefore I implemented a new reporting
> backend based on JAMon (see http://jamonapi.sourceforge.net/)
>
> Code : https://github.com/sgoeschl/jmeter-sla-report
> Sample Report :
> http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/jmeter/summary-report.html
>
> If this is of general interest I would like to contribute the code - please
> note that
>
> +) JAMon is under BSD licence
> +) the latest JAMon libraries are currently not available at Maven Central
>
> Feedback appreciated

I'm a bit unclear on how JAMon is being used.
It looks to me like JAMon is a monitoring system, rather than a
reporting system, so how much of the JAMon code is really being used?

Also, how easy is it to customise the output?

==

By the way, for long-running tests, it's a lot more efficient to use
CSV output instead of XML.
CSV does not support all the possible data types that XML does, but
the additional fields in XML are not normally needed for reports.