jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JMeter][RFC] JMeter report generator based on JAMon
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:11:48 GMT
On 25 July 2011 14:14, Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> a few clarifications
>
> +) the JMeter report is consumed by a STAX parser so this is basically a
> post-processor of the JTL file

JMeter already contains code to analyse JT:L files - might be better
to use that, as any changes to the format will be handled by JMeter.

> +) the label and response time of the HTTP invocation is fed into JAMon
> +) with a bit of manual code the underlying JAMon data model is written to a
> HTML file

So you are only using the JAMon data model, is that correct?

JMeter also contains code to do summarising and various other
statistical analyses for the GUI Listeners.

> +) currently there is no way to customize the output
>
> I also played with CSV output but it is not significantly faster than XML in
> my case but I will re-check.

CSV output will be much smaller and is less expensive at run-time.
It's also easier to parse - and again, JMeter has the code to parse the file.