jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From Milamber <milambersp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: News link on Jakarta website
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 07:29:49 GMT

Le 11/01/2011 15:01, sebb a ecrit :
> On 11 January 2011 09:25, Milamber <milamber@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In Jakarta website, on right column at top, there is a http link to News
>> with this url:
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/index.html
>>
>> But this page (news/index.html) has only very old news. That is possible
>> to change this link by (for example) this page?
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news/news-2010-q3.html
>>
>> (Or change news/index.html to a redirection to a recent news page)
>>
>> The link is in /site/xdocs/stylesheets/site.xml line 71
>>
> The main index (welcome) page does have the most recent news.
>
> However, I agree that the News page needs to be updated.
> As a Jakarta committer you should have sufficient karma to be able to
> do this if you want. The instructions are at the bottom of the page.

The instructions are for main index page, not for
xdocs/site/news/index.html (the old news)

In xdocs/site/news/ there is a README.txt which says:
"Do NOT add news to these documents.

New news content is now generated from news.xml in the top-level directory."

History commit (r378723, 2006, rdonkin) says:
Added instructions about how to add new news (using the new process).
The content is based on the public instructions by Howard Lewis Ship to
the general list
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-general/200510.mbox/%3cecd0e3310510171208s16bf6531o1e3e2534f1e6844e@mail.gmail.com%3e.

I can bypass the README and update xdocs/site/news/index.xml and
docs/site/news/index.html with news from news.xml top dir
or remove News link (and rss feed) form right colomn because lastest
news are already in main page?

Milamber