jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Hoblingre <stephane.hoblin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JMeter] - Get the log file parameter from plugin code (non gui mode, -j option)
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:20:58 GMT
Hi,

The reason is the perfmon plugin is not using the JMeter internal behaviors
to ping the agent. There is a separate object responsible to connect to the
agent and to query the metrics every defined interval and pass the data to
the visualizer. This object is controled by the testelement, which is
notified of start / stop of the test.
At the startup of the test a socket is opened and will be used during the
life of the test, with a polling thread. It is similar to ftp protocol, with
keywords as command (eg, mem, cpu, swp, etc.).

In non gui mode, I create my own file to collect the metrics. My idea was to
get the name of the jtl file and create another one with same path/name but
different extension.

It is not a big deal if I cannot get the jtl file name. the user can specify
-JperfmonFile=/path/to/file.jppm it is enough.

I'm sorry I have diverted from the JMeter model to implement this particular
plugin...

Regards,

Stephane