jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Export Control Question re: BSF
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 01:34:20 GMT

In message <A950CB63FCF0F0478BE9D6EF9BBA487820DF3E@dtw-sttasmail03.sttasonline.
com>, "Erin Clark" writes:
>As it turns out, my client is now using quite a lot of Apache Jakarta
>open source code in their end product.  Therefore, if someone/some folks
>could assist me by providing me with the Export Control Classification
>Numbers (ECCNs) or by answering 'a - e' below for each of the following
>products, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please see:
  http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

Take special note that:
  "Since publicly available software is only subject to the EAR when it
   is classified as ECCN 5D002 or 5D992, all ASF software product versions
   that do not fit those two classifications are noted as ECCN "n/a" (not
   applicable) or not included in the matrix."

And:
  "The Apache Software Foundation (ASF) makes NO WARRANTY or representation
   that the information contained in the ASF Product Classification Matrix
   is accurate, current, or complete. It is your obligation as the exporter
   to comply with the current applicable requirements of United States export
   rules and regulations. Any use of such information by you is without
   recourse to the ASF and is at your own risk. The ASF is in no way
   responsible for any damages, whether direct, consequential, incidental,
   or otherwise, suffered by you as a result of using or relying upon such
   information for any purpose."

daniel