jakarta-dev mailing list archives

From "David Brosius" <dbros...@baybroadband.net>
Subject Re: [BCEL] anyone working on BCEL ?
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 16:07:19 GMT
>> The test cases already require Java 1.5, but the main code currently
requires only Java 1.4.
Probably should consider updating that to 1.5 at some point. It will
require a good deal of work to fix all the raw types etc., but doing
that should make the code safer.

Again, 5.2 requires jdk 1.3. i'm fine with bumping this up, but it's
unclear to me if there are any apache processes needed to be followed to
change this requirement, or whether we are free to just do it.

>> Another item to consider at some point is whether to try and make the
code thread-safe.

I would strongly recommend against doing that. I don't believe it's a
parsing library's job to provide this, as it tends to usually be a single
threaded activity.