From Juan Jose Aragones Guillen <jarago...@kana.com>
Subject Using cactus with maven
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:36:25 GMT
Hello,
I know cactus have been moved to the Attic but my supervisor has given me the job to make
he project work using this plugin with maven 3.0.3.
We are using Jenkins for CI and the idea is to run cactus from there (we already run junit
tests as it's possible to invoke top-level maven targets just writing the goals).
Right now I'm testing cactus with the project in which we run the junit tests (no worries,
several VM's and snapshots -and not touching the base project-  just in case I screw something).
But here are several thing I don't really understand. I'll only write some questions and,
if I get any feedback will go on with the questions:
- I'm using "mvn cactus:cactifyear" as the idea is to create an EAR and get it deployed in
Websphere using WAS6 plugin for maven. The thing is I don't really understand what does cactifyear
do or how it works. I have no idea what to use as srcfile. Here you have what I have in my
pom.xml:
<project>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.cactus</groupId>
          <artifactId>cactus.integration.maven2</artifactId>
          <version>1.8.1</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <build>
        <pluginManagement>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.cactus</groupId>
                <artifactId>cactus.integration.maven2</artifactId>
                <version>1.8.1</version>
                <configuration>
                   <srcFile>/PATH/TO/FILE/file.ear</srcFile>
                   <desttFile>cactifiedByMaven2.ear</destFile>
                   <cactusWar>
                       <context>/</context>
                       <version>2.3</version>
                   </cactusWar>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                      <id>cactus-cactifyear</id>
                       <phase>pre-integration-test</phase>
                       <goals>
                          <goal>cactifyear</goal>
                       </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </pluginManagement>
    </build>
</project>

For what is the /PATH/TO/FILE/file.ear used? I tried with one EAR in my project and got one
cactifiedByMaven2.ear in each of the modules of my project plus one cactifiedByMaven2.ear
and one empty folder named cactusAND_A_NUMBER.dir for each module in the project root directory.
The output while running was something like this:
[INFO] Building application1 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- cactus.integration.maven2:1.8.1:cactifyear (default-cli) @ my.company.application1
---
[info] Adding: aspectjrt-1.5.3.jar
[info] Adding: cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-logging-1.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
[info] Adding: junit-3.8.2.jar
[INFO] Building war: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactus892519517cactus.war
[INFO] Building ear: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactifiedByMaven2.ear
[INFO]
[INFO] Building application2 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- cactus.integration.maven2:1.8.1:cactifyear (default-cli) @ com.kana.sem.applications2
---
[info] Adding: aspectjrt-1.5.3.jar
[info] Adding: cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-logging-1.1.jar
[info] Adding: commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
[info] Adding: junit-3.8.2.jar
[INFO] Building war: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactus892519517cactus.war
[INFO] Building ear: /PROJECT/ROOT//DIRECTORY/application1/cactifiedByMaven2.ear
[INFO]
[INFO] Building application3 1.0-SNAPSHOT

The srcfile is like a schema to create an EAR for each module?

Thanks,
 JUAN JOSÉ ARAGONÉS

[cid:image001.jpg@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.lagan.com/>BUILD'N'RELEASE ENGINEER

e : jaragones@kana.com<mailto:jaragones@kana.com>

EMEA Headquarters
209 Airport Road West
Belfast, Northern Ireland BT3 9EZ

SOLUTIONS<http://www.lagan.com/our-solutions.aspx> | CASE STUDIES<http://www.lagan.com/resource-library.aspx>
| KANA.COM<http://www.kana.com/home/home.php> | LAGAN.COM<http://www.lagan.com/>

[cid:image002.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.lagan.com/rss/feeds.aspx>

[cid:image003.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.facebook.com/home.php#%21/pages/Lagan-Technologies/174507632593437>

[cid:image004.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.twitter.com/lagan_business>

[cid:image005.gif@01CCBF05.6053FB40]<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/lagan-technologies>

The information in this email and any attachments is confidential and intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee(s). It may be subject to legal, professional
or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without our authority.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not disclose, copy,
distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us immediately