From "Ranganathan, Shobana" <SRanganat...@DIRECTV.com>
Subject Passing JVM Arguments to Cargo
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:48:06 GMT
Hi,

I am using cargo-core-uberjar-0.9.jar, cargo-ant-0.9.jar, cactus.core.framework.uberjar.javaEE.14-1.8.0.jar,
cactus.integration.ant-1.8.0.jar.

I am having trouble getting my application to deploy via the cargo task as I need to pass
some jvm args for startup. Not sure if cargo is recognizing and using what I pass it. My cargo
task is below:

<cactus fork="true" forkmode="once" haltonfailure="yes" showoutput="yes" printsummary="on"
    warfile="dtv7255.war">

            <cactusproperty server="false"
                             propertiesFile="conf/cactus.client.log4j.properties"/>
                            <cactusproperty server="true"
                 propertiesFile="conf/cactus.server.log4j.properties"/>
            <sysproperty key="net.sourceforge.cobertura.datafile"
                                    file="${basedir}/cobertura.ser" />
            <classpath>
                        <pathelement path="${test.build.dir}"/>
                        <path refid="classpath.clientside" />
            </classpath>

            <containerset>
                        <cargo containerId="tomcat5x" home="${env.TOMCAT_HOME}" output="C:/cmgt/sdk4/output.log"
log="C:/cmgt/sdk4/cargo.log" action="start">
                                    <configuration home="${env.TOMCAT_HOME}/bin}">
                                    <property name="cargo.servlet.port" value="8080"/>
                                    <property name="cargo.logging" value="high"/>
                                    <property name="cargo.jvmargs" value="-Dcomergent.preferences.store=c:\oom\prefs.xml
-DComergent.WritableDirectory.share.private.noloadable=c:\oom\models3\"/>
                                    <deployable type="war" file="dtv7255.war"/>
                            </configuration>
                        </cargo>
            </containerset>

            <formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
            <formatter type="xml"/>

            <test name="com.comergent.dtv.broadband.TestEligibilityParameters"
                        outfile="cactus.output">
            </test>
</cactus>

How else can I pass jvmargs? Does cargo use the Catalina.bat file for starting up tomcat from
my tomcat/bin directory or is there someway I can specify what startup script it needs to
use?

Is there anyway to point cargo to an exploded war directory versus giving it a war file?

Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Shobana