From Nicole Luneburg <Nicole.Luneb...@lisasoft.com>
Subject How to set user principal in setUp()
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 04:29:12 GMT
Hi all again ...

I have a test class that extends org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.
I'm running my tests server-side so using the setUp() and tearDown() methods.

My question is ...
How do I set a user in my request so that when I do a SessionContext getCallerPrincipal(),
it is set?

Right now I can only see that I can do the following in my setUp() method:

super.request.setRemoteUser("testuser");

but I can only obtain this value again via:

super.request.getRemoteUser();

I really need to know how to set caller principal ...
Anyone any ideas?
Will I be forced to run my tests from the client side to do this?
Ie use the WebRequest parameter from the beginXXX() method instead?

Any help really appreciated!

Cheers,
nic

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege
and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects.
If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part
of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect
receipt of this correspondence.