From "sach Beeharry" <sachtr...@googlemail.com>
Subject java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: config
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:23:27 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to test my action class using cactus. My web application is on
Tomcat and I am running the test from Eclipse.
But I am getting the following error when the test runs:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: config
 at
servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.setUp(CactusStrutsTestCase.java:101)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareServer(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:155)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCaller.java:120)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundBody0(AbstractWebTestController.java:94)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundBody1$advice(AbstractWebTestController.java:218)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest(AbstractWebTestController.java:1)

I think this error is caused because the *config* field cannot be found in
the setUp() method of the CactusStrutsTestCase class. May be some
compatibility issue.

    protected void setUp()
        throws Exception
    {
        if(logger.isDebugEnabled())
        {
            logger.debug("Entering");
        }
        try
        {
            if(actionServlet == null)
            {
                actionServlet = new ActionServlet();
            }
            ServletContext servletContext = new StrutsServletContextWrapper*
(config*.getServletContext());

also:

*CactusStrutsTestCase  extends ServletTestCase* and ServletTestCase contains
the attribute *public AbstractServletConfigWrapper config
*
>From the above the config  field should normally be accessible, but it is
not the case.

Can anyone help me solving this?