From André Silva Lopes <Andre.FLopes_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject Application to test and Unit Application in diferent context paths problem
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 10:33:30 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new on cactus, it's the first time I'm working with it, and i am build a in-container
unit testing application to test EJB's, a struts application and some other things. With the
EJB's, and the other things everything worked smoothly. For the struts application... well
it is not going to well.

So for the struts application (aka STAPP) I have a WAR file that contains all the relative
elements that is deployed in a JBoss 4.0.5 AS. For the application that does all the tests
(aka TestAPP), I have another WAR file that is also deployed in the same AS, and I'm using
StrutsTestCase to make the testing units.

Here is the error were I am stuck right now:
Failed to get the test results at [http://localhost:8080/STAPP/ServletRedirector]

-----------SOME SETTINGS-----------
STAPP context path = /STAPP
TestAPP contex path = /TestAPP

cactus.properties:
cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8080/STAPP/
cactus.servletRedirector = ServletRedirector

So my problem is in the definition of the cactus.servletRedirector property.

Questions:
How can I tell cactus that the application to test is in one context path and that the ServletRedirector
is in another?
Is it possible to have this type of configuration, or should I forget about using StrutsTestCase,
and start thinking on using HttpUnit to test the Web application?

Thank you all for reading, and for replying, I hope :P

Cheers,
Andre