From "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How on earth do you run tests against an existing Tomcat 4 server
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:26:59 GMT
You containerId should be tomcat4x, if you want to
use Tomcat 4x. This is what containerId means - the id of the container you
want to use.
If you use Ant and Cactus task, you shouldn't set the cactus.contextURL
property.

You use this property only if you start your tests with Maven.

Cheers, Petar.

2008/8/22, Paul Kiruvanayagam <Paul.Kiruvanayagam@orbisuk.com>:

> Hi Peter
>
> thanks for your speedy reply.  I am guessing I should replace
>
> ${jboss.container.id} with the value of ${cactus.contextURL} or do I not
> use the cactus.contextURL variable
>
> thanks
>
> Paul
>
> Petar Tahchiev wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I think it would be very simple if you just replace the zipurlinstaller
>> (which downloads and installs zips)
>> withe a home parameter of the cargo task - just like in:
>>
>>            <containerset>
>>                <cargo containerId="${jboss.container.id}"
>> output="${logs.dir}/output.log" log="${logs.dir}/cargo.log"
>> home="${jboss.home}">
>>                    <!--zipUrlInstaller
>>            installUrl="
>> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/jboss/jboss-4.0.2.zip"
>>            installDir="target/${jboss.container.id}"/-->
>>                    <configuration>
>>                        <property name="cargo.servlet.port"
>> value="${cargo.servlet.port}"/>
>>                        <property name="cargo.logging"
>> value="${cargo.logging}"/>
>>                        <deployable type="${cactus.sample.archive.type}"
>> file="${cactified.ejb.archive.name}"/>
>>                    </configuration>
>>                </cargo>
>>            </containerset>
>>
>> You see the zipurlinstaller is commented out and I have set the home
>> parameter on the cargo task, where you should specify
>> the home of your container.
>>
>> HTH, Petar.
>>
>> 2008/8/22, Paul Kiruvanayagam <Paul.Kiruvanayagam@orbisuk.com>:
>>

>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> please can someone tell me how to run tests in cactus against an EXISTING
>>> tomcat4x server using ant.  I am running
>>>
>>> cactus 1.80
>>> ivy 2.0
>>> ant 1.71.
>>> I have been exasperated in getting to the point where it works by
>>> creating
>>> a new build of tomcat using cargo ???  Sorry if I appear lazy but what I
>>> am
>>> looking for is a sample of how the ant task should look for an existing
>>> server with the above software configuration.   I have tried using the
>>> tomcat4x task but now it seems I need to learn how cargo should be
>>> configured (when the site contains no useful examples) when I really am
>>> only
>>> interested in using Cactus !!!
>>>
>>> I really am only a user and I cannot believe how long it has taken to get
>>> to this point due to the seemingly maze of (undocumented) dependencies on
>>> beta looking projects that have been put into cactus examples/samples.  I
>>> am
>>> sure I am not the only person encountering these frustrations.
>>>
>>> thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Paul

Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.
- - - - - - - -
| Author @ Manning Publications.
| Technical Consultant @ HP
| BGJUG-Bulgarian Java User Group Leader.
| Apache Jakarta PMC member.
| Jakarta Cactus Lead Developer.
| Blogger: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/paranoiabla/
Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611