From Mary Dosch <m.do...@yahoo.com>
Subject TestSampleServlet, Cactus 1.8, NetBeans 6.5M1 and Tomcat 5.5.23 Success
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:58:16 GMT
Hi,

I was able to get the cactus example from http://jakarta.apache..org/cactus/integration/howto_tomcat.html working
with just a few deviations.

0) I followed the directions from the page above.

1) The quickstart guide has a different list of jars than what I see after unpacking the 1.8
download.  I copied all of the jars to %TOMCAT_HOME%\common\lib.

2) I needed to find and download commons-coded-1.3.jar.  I put it in the same common\lib
directory.

3) I needed to find find and download aspectjtools.jar.  I used http://www.docjars.com/ I
put it in the common\lib directory.

With NetBeans, I didn't do anything special.  I created a web application and I put the example
files in src/java/. NetBeans might complain about putting the files in the default package
but it ran anyway.  I set the Relative URL to ServletTestRunner?suite=TestSampleServlet