From nauke. <nau...@gmail.com>
Subject cactifywar doesn't support the nested classpath element
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:35:15 GMT
Hi!

Hope I got the right mailing list.

Environment:
jboss-4.2.2.GA
junit-3.8.1
cactus-1.7.2
eclipse
java 5
ant

Initially I was trying to run my cactus target, that looks like this:

    <target name="cactus">
        <taskdef name="runservertests"
classname="org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.RunServerTestsTask">
            <classpath refid="project.classpath" />
        </taskdef>
        <runservertests testURL="
http://localhost:8080/myproject/ServletRedirectorSecure?Cactus_Service=RUN_TEST"

        starttarget="jboss.start"
        testtarget="test"
        stoptarget="jboss.shutdown"/>
    </target>

but I kept getting the following error:

... build.xml:464: Problem: failed to create task or type cactifywar
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custom tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/<macrodef> declarations have taken place.

After some googling, apparently the cactus library files I need are missing
from my classpath.
I double checked and saw that all the library files I need were already in
my project.classpath, specified in my build.xml
Since since this obviously wasn't working or I was doing something wrong, I
decided to follow the instructions on this page:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/howto_ant_cactus.html

So i defined my property names and the path id="cactus.classpath".
All was good, until I added the following:

<taskdef resource="cactus.tasks" classpathref="cactus.classpath"/>

and modified my cactus target section from:

<classpath refid="project.classpath" />

to:

<classpath refid="cactus.classpath" />

and now I get this error:

build.xml:464: cactifywar doesn't support the nested "classpath" element.

*pulls hair out*
why???
Even if I leave that classpath refid value with project.classpath, it does
the same thing.
Can't find an answer for the life of me!
On that howto link above, it even says:

" An important fact to note about the *<cactifywar>* task is that it extends
the builtin Ant task *<war>*. That's why we can add the nested *<classes>*and
*<lib>* elements in the example above."

Does anyone know?

Cheers,
nic