From "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cactus in eclipse
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:52:11 GMT
Hi Pedro,

the Cactus plugin for Eclipse used to be bundled with the Cactus
distribution, but later it was
removed from it. After that the Eclipse WTP wanted to take part in
maintaining it. Now, again, it
is being distributed with Cactus. I have made some significant efforts to
bring it back to be compatible
with Eclipse 3.3 (Europa), so in order to give it a try here is what you
have to do.

1) You need to have Eclipse 3.3 installed.
2) You also need to have Subversion and Maven installed.
3) Checkout the Cactus project from here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/cactus/trunk
(Once we make a release you won't need to download the whole project, but
for now you need).
4) Navigate to integration/eclipse and type the following in your shell:
mvn clean install
5) Once the process is finished (It may take a lot of time - like 10 or 15
minutes), you should go to the
subfolders org.apache.cactus.eclipse.runner/target/ and
org.apache.cactus.eclipse.webapp/target/ and
see the zip's that have been made.
6) Take both the org.apache.cactus.eclipse.webapp-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip and
the org.apache.cactus.eclipse.runner-1.8.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
and extract them in your ECLIPSE_HOME/plugins folder.
7) After that start(or restart) Eclipse and there should be the Cactus
plugin installed in your Eclipse.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers, Petar.

P.S. This is the mailing list you should post your message ;-)

2008/3/17, Pedro Sá da Costa <pedrosacosta@hotmail.com>:

>  Hi,
>
>  I would like to use cactus in eclipse, but I've found that the plugin is
currently under development.
>  Is there an old plugin available to download?
>

>  I've downloaded the source code of Cactus from svn but I can't compile
the part of the code of the integration of eclipse with cactus. I see that
the code uses maven. The problem is that I don't know nothing about maven. I
has hoping to download a build.xml file to run with ant. Can anyone help me?

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

EOOXML Objections
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/EOOXML_objections

Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611