From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: class hierarchy and extending a Cactus Test Case
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:57:07 GMT
Hi,

In article <300a54010707170911m423077f8pe7c69336599f22cd@mail.gmail.com>,
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:11:25 -0500,
"Jay Baker" <jbaker.work@gmail.com> wrote:
jbaker.work> I am using ServletTestCase. Extending this test case works just fine. No
jbaker.work> problem. However, I have an existing object hierarchy that I would like to
jbaker.work> preserve. Although all of the Cactus documentation discusses extending one
jbaker.work> of the Cactus tests, I figured I could just implement some appropriate
jbaker.work> interface(s) and use delegation. As I read further, I understood the use of
jbaker.work> publicly accessible attributes of the various Cactus test cases. If this
jbaker.work> access were done through getters and setters, I would have no problem.

I cannot understand what you want to do, so am having questions.

Q1: What is the object for which you want to preserve its object hierarchy?
Q2: What is the relation of the object and Cactus?
Q3: How should the object and Cactus work together?

A safe example would be helpful.

Best Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI