From "Matt Raible" <mrai...@gmail.com>
Subject Cactus 1.7.2 setting the wrong locale?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:18:18 GMT
I'm testing a Spring MVC 2.0 (RC1) application with Cactus.  When I
run my cactified WAR in Tomcat, everything works fine.  However, when
I run it in Cactus, I get:

   [cactus] No message found under code 'user.saved' for locale 'en_US'.
   [cactus] org.springframework.context.NoSuchMessageException: No
message found under code 'user.saved' for locale 'en_US'.
   [cactus]     at
org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMessageSource.getMessage(DelegatingMessageSource.java:65)
   [cactus]     at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getMessage(AbstractApplicationContext.java:698)
   [cactus]     at
org.springframework.context.support.MessageSourceAccessor.getMessage(MessageSourceAccessor.java:149)
   [cactus]     at
org.appfuse.web.UserFormController.onSubmit(UserFormController.java:90)

It seems like Cactus is setting my default locale and for some reason,
my ResourceBundle isn't working like normal.  It seems to be looking
for a messages_en_US.properties in my WEB-INF/classes directory and
not reverting to messages.properties.  If I duplicate
messages.properties and rename it to messages_en_US.properties (in
WEB-INF/classes), it still fails to work.  When I do "jar -tvf
my.war", both files are in WEB-INF/classes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt