From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: Failed to get the test results at [http://localhost:80/test/ServletRedirector]
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 07:34:49 GMT
Hi Senthil,

In article <20051219211714.77033.qmail@web51803.mail.yahoo.com>,
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:17:14 -0800 (PST),
senthil kumar <senthil_cbe@yahoo.com> wrote:
senthil_cbe> I am trying to test a junit test case wrapped up with
senthil_cbe> servletTestSuite and that java class which I am
senthil_cbe> testing requires login (authentication). I went thru
senthil_cbe> the cactus documentation and set the web.xml like
senthil_cbe> adding
[snip]
senthil_cbe> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed
senthil_cbe> to get the test results at
senthil_cbe> [http://localhost:80/test/ServletRedirector]

Why does the cactus-client access the ServletRedirector
but not the ServletRedirectorSecure?
I guess the beginXXX method doesn't call WebRequest#setRedirectorName(String)
method.

senthil_cbe> org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ParsingException:
senthil_cbe> Not a valid response [401 Unauthorized]

This says the cause.

You might confirm followings:
- security-constraint is configured properly in web.xml
- XxxAuthentication instance (username/password pair) passed to
  WebRequest#setAuthentication() method is correct
- the user has a role which is permitted to access the resource
  (i.e. ServletRedirectorSecure)

Hope this helps.
----
Kazuhito SUGURI