From "Rod Macpherson" <rmacpher...@abovehealth.com>
Subject RE: EJB Persistance Testing
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:02:06 GMT
Worth considering but the extra effort has to be weighed of course. IMO in-container if just
fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Sérgio Oliveira [mailto:Luis.SOliveira@siemens.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 12:23 AM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: RE: EJB Persistance Testing

In my view of testing software you have two different categories:

 * unit testing - almost no dependencies, like no containers
 * module testing - testing components in the production environment, or
   at least something close to it

I used MockEJB to test things like a complex class that for some reason had dependencies on
the container interfaces: JNDI and JMS. It was very good for this and I was capable of asserting
that my class was sending the expected messages.

This was totally outside of the container, so, it is very fast, no need to have an AppServer,
DBMS, etc. More important, my possible points of failure in these tests were my class, my
test and of course MockEJB ;-)

Best regards / Beste Grüße / Cumprimentos,

Luis Sergio Oliveira