From Mark Lybarger <mlybar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant integration w/o junit.jar
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:05:23 GMT
i've never seen junit distributed with ant. i checked quickly my ant
1.6.5distribution, and don't see
junit.jar in there, only an ant-junit.jar. it would be nice to be able to
run cactus w/o having to depend on putting junit.jar into the system
classpath, or into the ant-lib folder. some times you just don't have the
flexability. it's a problem in general with the ant optional tasks in that
by default, they're in the ant lib folder and loaded by the main ant
classloader. a user can't even define the junit task since the ant
classloader has already loaded the junit task.

an idea would be if catus would supply it's own junit ant classes under a
different package structure org.apache.optional.ant... or somesuch. then
cactus could extend these classes, and a user could run cactus without
worries about the target environment (taskdef for cactus wouldn't depend on
adding junit.jar to some system classpath or ant lib folder).

just a thought.