From "Pedro Nevado" <pnev...@javato.com>
Subject RE: How to turn on logging?
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:47:45 GMT
I don't think it has anything to do with jour Netbeans configuration.
In case it can be useful:
- check you have a commons-logging.properties file in your src/ (and in your
futher dist/your_app/WEB-INF/classes) with something like:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.
- check the consistency of the references in your log4j.xml: appender/name,
logger/appender-ref.
- cactus has a client side and a server side. Check your client and server
classpaths, if you use logging in both of the sides, are properly
configured. You need configuration files for both of them.

Regards,
Pedro Nevado

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Phlip [mailto:phlip2005@gmail.com]
Enviado el: sábado, 17 de septiembre de 2005 13:11
Para: Cactus Users List
Asunto: Re: How to turn on logging?

Pedro Nevado wrote:

> I think the problem is that you have not an appender-ref entry in your
> configuration. See below.

> <!--Logger for Cactus.-->
> <logger name="org.apache.cactus">
>        <level value="debug"/>
>        <appender-ref ref="FILE_LOG"/>
> </logger>

Agh, this project is frying my brain. Of course I have that line; I wasn't
capable of copying the one line into this friggin' post.

So, _with_ the line, how do you get that error message. Understand I'm
stupid enough to have done _anything_ wrong, including configure NetBeans
wrong, or use its bundled Tomcat, or leave out some silly Jar file...

--
  Phlip
  http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!!