From Phlip <phlip2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test results at http:...//ServletRedirector
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 19:07:50 GMT
Kazuhito SUGURI wrote:

> phlip2005> [http://localhost:8084/StrutsTest//ServletRedirector]
>
> '//' in the URL may be the cause.
> Could you verify that your contextURL is not ends with '/'?

Thanks that was it! The cactus.properties file has a cactus.contextURL
line that should not have a trailing /

(Until now I was unaware that web servers don't follow the rule that
file servers do, a double slash, //, is accepted as a convenience for
scripts that glue paths. Web servers don't allow that.)

Could someone convert this thread to a page on
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-cactus/ , so Google-PhDs like me don't
get confused again?

Now we have THIS problem:

compile-test:
log4j:ERROR setFile(null,false) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: @target.dir@\test_server.log (The
system cannot find the path specified)
There were 2 errors:
1) testSuccessfulLogin(TestLoginAction)org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException:
Failed to get the test results at
[http://localhost:8084/StrutsTest/ServletRedirector]

So it seems that my feeb attempt to turn on the log4j system has failed.

Please don't tell me to read
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/manual/howto_config.html#logging
- that's what caused this error. I don't understand what folders to
put those log4j.properties files in, for NetBeans.

> phlip2005> Then it doesn't say where to put the files. I use the Tomcat bundled
> phlip2005> with NetBeans, and there is another Tomcat available.
> phlip2005>
> phlip2005> Please don't just say "on the class path". Where do those files go?
>
> How about WEB-INF/classes?

build/web/WEB-INF/classes or ? ;-)

--
  Phlip