From "Phlip" <phlip2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to turn on logging?
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 18:15:29 GMT
>I don't think it has anything to do with jour Netbeans configuration.

NetBeans has an internal Tomcat.

However, I thought that Cactus tests mocked the server and client, so the
only configurations they should need are the Test Libraries folder stuff.

> In case it can be useful:
> - check you have a commons-logging.properties file in your src/ (and in
> your
> futher dist/your_app/WEB-INF/classes) with something like:
> org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger.
> - check the consistency of the references in your log4j.xml:
> appender/name,
> logger/appender-ref.

I just added "commons-logging.properties", and the error message did not
change.

Why doesn't the log4j.xml file say "Log4JLogger" anywhere. That would seem
to be where they match.

What's the chain of events at startup time? What reads what configuration,
and what does it do with each line?

> - cactus has a client side and a server side. Check your client and server
> classpaths, if you use logging in both of the sides, are properly
> configured. You need configuration files for both of them.

Is there a downloadable example of the entire system, up and running, with a
Cactus test and with logging turned on? (Googling for that returns too many
false hits...)

--
  Phlip
  http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand  <-- NOT a blog!!!