From <madhanmt2-l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cactus tests failing - unable to lookup Data sources
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 02:55:51 GMT
Hi, I just got cactus up and running. I have everything setup ok and it seems to be running
some tests well. Some tests are failing because of database connectivity. Here is what I do.

            DataSource ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup(_connectionPoolname);

This same code runs fine when deployed to the app server (in production), but when cactus
runs tests (using cactified version of ear file), it throws NamingException while looking
data source. Here is the error message:

   [cactus] Need to specify class name in environment or system property, or as an applet
parameter, or in an application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial

Any ideas?

I appreciate your insight.

Madhan.

Madhan.