From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: HttpServletRequestWrapper and getLocalName()
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 01:47:24 GMT
Hi Darren,

In article <3ADC9031BA80EB49812A36BBC564D5A27B970F@GHSEXCH.ghsinc.com>,
Tue, 10 May 2005 16:30:39 -0400,
"Darren Hartford" <dhartford@ghsinc.com> wrote:
dhartford> My problem is the 'request.getLocalName()' uses HttpServletRequest, and
dhartford> when trying to run cactus tests on this particular servlet I get an
dhartford> error like this:
dhartford>
dhartford> ===========
dhartford> [cactus]    Caused an ERROR
dhartford>
dhartford> [cactus]
dhartford> org.apache.cactus.server.HttpServletRequestWrapper.getLocalName()Ljava/l
dhartford> ang/String;
dhartford>
dhartford> [cactus] java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
dhartford> org.apache.cactus.server.HttpServletRequestWrapper.getLocalName()Ljava/l
dhartford> ang/String;
dhartford> ==========

As Sun's Servlet API document shows, getLocalName() is not method
of javax.servlet.ServletRequest or of javax.servert.http.HttpServletRequest.
Some of servlet containers, such as Tomcat and Jetty,
provide their own Servlet class library which has
javax.servlet.ServletRequest#getLocalName(), though...

I believe the java code of the servlet cannot be compiled
by using j2ee.jar provided by Sun.
# From API doc of java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
# Thrown when an application tries to call an abstract method.
# Normally, this error is caught by the compiler; this error can only occur
# at run time if the definition of some class has incompatibly changed
# since the currently executing method was last compiled.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI