From joel collins <jconl...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding Cactus Ant tag, Ant integration in general
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:37:41 GMT
Hello,

First of all, thank you Vincent (and anyone else) for all your hard
work on Cactus (and Cargo).  I had a question that hopefully someone
may help me with.  I have gotten my tests to work correctly, so when I
type into a browser:

http://127.0.0.1:7001/webtest/ServletTestRunner?suite=my.package.MyTesetClass

I get the results of my tests.  Great!  What I am now trying to do is
put my tests into ant, so I can type ant test and I will receive a
response if my tests passed or failed.  The problem is, I don' t
really want to be starting and stopping a server each time (as my
server install is local and always running).  It is my understanding
that Cactus ant tag starts and stops the server for you, and when you
dont include the containerset tag, it thinks you are running the tests
"locally".  Is there a way to run the test by itself?  (By using the
junit tag or something?)  I am having trouble understanding how ant
knows where to go to run the cactus tests, because, for example, how
does ant know the context root?  (webtest in my case)

I hope these questions aren't too confusing.  I just started with J2EE
and i'm not sure I have a good grasp on much yet.

Thank you