From "Shelby, Sean" <sshe...@roundarch.com>
Subject Broadvision 6.0 and Cactus
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:44:31 GMT
Has anyone succeeded in getting Cactus to work with Broadvision 6.0 (an
application server that claims to implement the Servlet 2.2
specification)?  I am attempting to run the
ServletTestRunner/SampleServlet example provided in the getting started
documentation, and am unable to replicate the success I've had on Tomcat
and Weblogic.  It appears that something in the way Broadvision
implements the Servlet engine prevents the cactus internal client from
receiving a valid response when it calls for a result.  Any advice or
ideas will be appreciated. I really want my team to use this amazing
tool, but my Manager doesn't want to give me much more time to figure
out the problem.

DETAILS:

Broadvision 6.0: Servlet 2.2 Engine
Cactus version: 1.7 for j2ee version 1.2
teskSaveToSessionOK error:
(I have masked the host port and webapp information)

Failed to get the test results at
[http://<host>:<port>/<webappName>/ServletRedirector]
org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test
results at [http://<host>:<port>/<webappName>/ServletRedirector]
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:92)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:306)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t(DefaultHttpClient.java)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
WebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:306)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
tCaseCaller.java:144)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
CactusTestCase.java:215)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
TestCase.java:133)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.run(ServletTestRunner.
java:308)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody0(Serv
letTestRunner.java:186)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody1$advi
ce(ServletTestRunner.java:224)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
r.java)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:4
04)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContainer.processRequest(ServletContainer
java:348)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContextContainer.processRequest(ServletCo
ntextContainer.java:819)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.BVServletEngine.service(BVServletEngine.java:243
)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.BVServletConnector.service(BVServletConnector.ja
va:141)
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ParsingException: Not a valid response
[404 Not Found] at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callG
etResult(DefaultHttpClient.java:211)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:87)
[...]

INFORMATION FROM THE LAST POST FROM A RELEVANT THREAD I FOUND IN THE
ARCHIVE:
Hi Michael,

That's good news. I have to check for 1/ what's the correct behaviour
(you may have found a bug!).

For 2/ this is real weird and I don't believe Cactus should be changed.
But we need to understand what's the reason ...

I'm waiting for your logs.

Thanks
-Vincent