From "Shelby, Sean" <sshe...@roundarch.com>
Subject Broadvision 6.0 and Cactus: Trying to run TestSampleServlet test case in BV Servlet engine
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 20:39:36 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to set up Cactus for my development team, as I think it has
the potential to transform the way my developers work.  The servlet
container I'm using is the one provided by Broadvision 6.0.  I found a
relevant discussion thread on the cactus-user mail archive
(http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01952.htm
l), and wanted to know if anyone found the solution to the problem.  I
am now experiencing the same issue when trying to execute the
TestSampleServlet test case in Broadvision (this is the same given in
the Cactus Tomcat how-to, and it worked fine on my Tomcat instance).  I
was hoping that my error was related to configuration, but suspect it
might be caused by the way Broadvision implemented the Servlet
container.  Any help or insight you can provide about the error below
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

ERROR MESSAGE BELOW (I have masked the host port and webapp information)

Failed to get the test results at
[http://<host>:<port>/<webappName>/ServletRedirector]
org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test
results at [http://<host>:<port>/<webappName>/ServletRedirector]
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:92)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:306)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t(DefaultHttpClient.java)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
WebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:306)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
Test(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
tCaseCaller.java:144)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
CactusTestCase.java:215)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
TestCase.java:133)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.run(ServletTestRunner.
java:308)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody0(Serv
letTestRunner.java:186)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet_aroundBody1$advi
ce(ServletTestRunner.java:224)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunne
r.java)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:4
04)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContainer.processRequest(ServletContainer
java:348)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.ServletContextContainer.processRequest(ServletCo
ntextContainer.java:819)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.BVServletEngine.service(BVServletEngine.java:243
)
at
com.broadvision.servlet.BVServletConnector.service(BVServletConnector.ja
va:141)
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ParsingException: Not a valid response
[404 Not Found] at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callG
etResult(DefaultHttpClient.java:211)
at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:87)
[...]

Sean Shelby + R O U N D A R C H + mob 678.662.6464