From Mike Sowka <mso...@sce.carleton.ca>
Subject Losing Hair
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:44:35 GMT
Hello Folks,

Mike again... sorry for the two email back to back, the other was a draft that
I had quickly sent off after I was accepted to the list...

... since then I've been ripping at my hair, as I'm not even able to run the
basic "Quickstart" application! :| from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/howto_tomcat.html

I've copied junit-3.8.1.jar, cactus-1.7.jar, and aspectjrt-1.2.1.jar into my
{jboss dir}/lib/endorsed directory (the rest of the minimal jars are included in
JBoss 4.0.1.) and did the rest of the "Quickstart" as per instructions...

This is what I get:
root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet

Curious, n'est-ce pas?

I assure You, I haven't broke my JBoss installation, have the servlet jars
in the classpath since other web-apps work just fine.

Your patience and suggestions are appreciated,
Mike