From Noah White <cac...@baysystems.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.x server.xml problem
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:02:21 GMT
I ran into a problem with the server.xml file bundled in the
cactus-ant-1.7.jar
(org\apache\cactus\integration\ant\container\resources\tomcat5x\server.x
ml) included with cactus-13-1.7.

The current UserDatabase Resource definition does not work and throws
an exception when tomcat is started by cactus. I changed it to the
following:

  <GlobalNamingResources>
<Resouce name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
		pathname="con/tomcat-users.xml" />
   </GlobalNamingResources>

The original server.xml file contained the following -

  <GlobalNamingResources>
         type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
     <ResourceParams name="UserDatabase">
       <parameter>
         <name>factory</name>

<value>org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory</value>
       </parameter>
       <parameter>
         <name>pathname</name>
         <value>conf/tomcat-users.xml</value>
       </parameter>
     </ResourceParams>
   </GlobalNamingResources>

I collapsed the ResourceParams into attributes on the Resource element,
re-jar'd things up and things worked fine.

-Noah