From "Jason Huang" <huan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cactus Commiters (was RE: When will the bug CACTUS-144 be resovled?)
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:25:50 GMT
Hi, Vincent

Thank you very much for your reply.
I understood the key point of how to apply a patch.

And personally I believe that more people will vote for this new feature
since
it indeed is a useful function.

In order to apply Marc's patch to Maven-Cactus Plugin 1.7,
I read it carefully and made the following modifications on the file
plugin.jelly.
1) In order to run the goal 'test-war-in-ear' when running goal
'cactus:test' or goal 'site' etc, I added the following code into
     the goal 'cactus:test'.
    At the same time, a new property 'cactus.is.war-in-ear' is introduced,
which
     can be set in the maven project' property file (project.properties).
        <goal name="cactus:test" description="Run all Cactus tests"
               prereqs="cactus:init">
          <!--
              JasonHuang: for the case when testing a war in a ear file.
           -->
          <j:when test="${context.getVariable('cactus.is.war-in-ear') ==
'true'}">
            <attainGoal name="cactus:test-war-in-ear"/>
          </j:when>
        </goal>

2) In the Marc's patch,  the goal 'cactus:test-war-in-ear' uses the
'ant:batchtest task' to run the cactus testcases.
    However, it seems this does not work well.
    So, I copied some code from the goal 'cactus:test-ear' and used the
'cactus:scanner' to run them.

Then , it (goal: test-war-in-ear) works very well.

I hope this will help for other people.

Thanks.
-Jason.