From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Log4j integration testing with Application Servers
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:49:20 GMT

As I understand it, the current *implementation* in Ant of event-based
model for logging does NOT fully take advantage of one of log4j's most
important advantages, that is, its ability to process and filter messages
by logger name. This can be attributed partially to the way Log4jListener
is implemented. In this regard,  CommonsLoggingListener is a better
implementation for the event-based model for logging. The
CommonsLoggingListener .messageLogged() method at least makes an effort to
use a logger name which matches as closely as possible the component
generating the log message.

I think the monitor approach applies in case:

1) logging is not an important concern,

    For example if

--
Ceki Gülcü