From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: Log4j integration testing with Application Servers
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:34:47 GMT
At 11:38 AM 1/9/2005, Vincent Massol wrote:

>There is another solution: to use a custom logging monitor as explained here
>(http://paulhammant.com/blog//000241.html) - I've done that for Cargo and it
>looks good. I'm sure it is less powerful than using CL or UGLI but it has
>the advantage of reducing the mandatory jar dependencies by one. Also we
>have very simple logging needs and no performance required, so it would be
>enough.

The monitor interface approach works in case the environment is
tightly controlled. For example, Ant uses a similar approach because
it controls its environment, in fact, it *is* the environment. In its
environment Ant sets the rules as it sees fit.

However, as in the case of Cactus, you need to be embedded into
various environments, then the monitor approach does not work that
well.

--
Ceki Gülcü