From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Log4j integration testing with Application Servers
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 16:47:23 GMT

Hello,

In the log4j project, we need to perform integration tests between
log4j and various Application Servers. Sounds familiar? :-)

Our tests check that log4j correctly solves the "logging separation
problem" [1] when ContextJNDISelector is installed.  Unfortunately,
since commons-logging relies on classloader tricks, and Cactus uses
commons-logging, we can't rely on the test results.

I was thinking of replacing c-l calls with UGLI [2] but that sounds
awfully stupid. Redoing some of Cactus without CL sounds just as bad.
It looks like we are stuck.

[1] http://www.qos.ch/logging/sc.jsp
[2] http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/ugli.html

--