From "Garfield-Heron" <GHe...@OfficeDepot.com>
Subject RE: Lose Error-log in cactus_server.log
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:03:45 GMT
Hey Peng,

It sounds as if your "log4j.additivity." needs to be set appropriately.

Check it out at the jakarta site http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Li, Peng [mailto:peng.li@eds.com]
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 9:25 AM
To: 'cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Lose Error-log in cactus_server.log

Hi,

For our project we decide to use cactus to run our tests again ELB-locaI
interface. Sofar i haved successful configurated the cactus so that i can
now run cactus tests and logging with log4j at both side(client/server). In
my log4j.properties on the server side i set the default log-level to INFO
with log4j.rootCategory=INFO, cactus. The problem is: when i run tests only
the log-info"XXX" with cactus.info("XXX") are wrote into cactus_server.log,
the Test"YYY" in cactus.error("YYY") are not found anywhere in
cactus_server.log.

The test seems like this:
	try {
               cactus.info("test begin");
               hier are some tests;
               cactus.info("test successful");
           }
           catch (Exception e) {
	   cactus.error("exception occur in test");
           }

Could anyone tell me why?

Thanks,
Peng Li