From Christian Sell <...@dynabean.de>
Subject RE: AppServerUnit and Cactus
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:18:13 GMT
Zitat von "Korver, Aaron" <Aaron.Korver@Fiserv.com>:

> [snip]
> > A J2EE application client component is automatically packaged
> > into the testable
> > ear by the AppserverUnit ant task. It may then be invoked
> > from within ant by
> > using the command line tool that comes with Sun 8 application
> > server (see the
> > test.runXX targets in build.xml). I am not sure how this is
> > done with other
> > servers, but since J2EE application clients are part of the
> > spec, it should be
> > possible there as well.
>
> In Websphere the J2EE app client is a seperate install and not included with
> the normal server install.  This may be a problem for those people who are
> using Websphere.  It may be a problem for your ant task too.

possible. As an alternative, there is always the web client, which is also
packaged with the testable ear.
I have also been considering to generate a standalone client invoker that would
not rely on the J2EE application client tools. I may look into this when I find
time, but I expect it would be server-dependent, too.

thanks,
christian