From Cumbers <r...@kent.ac.uk>
Subject Log4J problems
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:49:52 GMT
Hello

Firstly my problem from yesterday was that my web.xml did not conform to
the dtd and cactus fails silently, scrambling the web.xml tags. This is
a known bug within the cactus project.

Now however I have another issue, this time with Log4J. I use Log4J
within my web application, with no trouble at all. However when I try
and test using cactus, it fails on creation of a class that uses Log4J,
with the following error message:

Caused ERROR org/apache/log4j/Priority
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Priority

Now I have put in the cactus.classpath in the ant file a reference to
the log4j jar file and have also put it as an argument for ant itself.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Cheers

Rich