From Roberto Nucera <nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j problems(?)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:39:57 GMT
Hi all,

I am getting the following messages when running a cactus test:

"log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
(org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller)."
"log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly."

This happens if I use log4j-1.2.9 (for instance). This is the only
console output I see.

However, I don't get it with log4j-1.1.3.  For example with 1.1.3 I
get the usual (I hope) Jetty messages.

Now with either one I can't get catctus to create a log file! No
matter what I do I can't see a log file. This is done while running
(in debug mode) from Eclipse.

Here is my log4j.properties. It is in the application path.

log4j.appender.cactus = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.cactus.File = cactus.log
log4j.appender.cactus.Append = false
log4j.appender.cactus.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.cactus.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{ABSOLUTE} [%t]
%-5p %-30.30c{2} %x - %m %n

# Any application log which uses Log4J will be logged to the Cactus log file
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, cactus

log4j.category.org.apache.cactus = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.org.apache.cactus=false

# Don't show debug logs for HttpClient
log4j.category.org.apache.commons.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.org.apache.commons.httpclient=false
log4j.category.httpclient = WARN, cactus
log4j.additivity.httpclient=false

Anyone ran into this?

Thanks,

roberto