From "Dimitar Georgievski" <dgeorgiev...@horizonk.com>
Subject Class not found problem - Cactus 1.6.1 on JBoss 3.2.5/Tomcat 5.0/Java 1.5
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:28:49 GMT
Hi,

I have been successfully using Cactus 1.6.1 on JBoss 3.2.5/Tomcat 5.0 using
Java 1.4.2. When I switched Java to the newer version 1.5 I started
receiving java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect. The printout of the exception stack is
at the end of the message.

The error appears when FilterRedirector is being loaded, upon start up of
JBoss, or any of the redirectors are accessed by a test client.

I am using Ant and customized build.xml file from Cactus's samples/ejb
directory. Ant creates EAR file that contains the WAR file where all the
test classes and JAR files are located. First I tried to place the JAR files
cactus places in WEB-INF/lib directory to the lib folder of JBoss server
(server/default/lib) with the same result. Then I tried to force JBoss load
the JARs from WEB-INF/lib first instead delegating the task to parent class
loader with the following directives placed in META-INF/jboss-app.xml and
WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml files:

  <loader-repository>
        edugen.dot.com:loader=unitest.ear
                <loader-repository-config>
        java2ParentDelegaton=false
                </loader-repository-config>
  </loader-repository>

It didn't work either.

I wonder if anyone came accross similar problem and found a solution for it.

Thanks in advance,

dimitar

    2004-11-03 11:15:13,390 ERROR [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine]
StandardWrapperValve[ServletRedirector]: Servlet.service() for servlet
ServletRedirector threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect
	at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirector.j
ava)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
	at
FilterChain.java:237)
	at
ain.java:157)
	at
va:214)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:198)
	at
va:152)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
ationValve.java:72)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
	at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrR
ealm.java:275)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at
:109)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
	at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
	at
a:683)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)