From "Dimitar Georgievski" <dgeorgiev...@horizonk.com>
Subject RE: commons logging problem with JUnit/Cactus
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2004 17:21:52 GMT
Hi Aaron,

I haven't used JUnitPerf but from the documentation it looks to me
- I have to set time-outs for the tests.
- I have to recompile the code each time I need to change the number of
users and/or the time-out period.
- JunitPerf cannot collect the results (exec times) of the tests.

In our case the timeout is not important as much as we would like to find
out how the execution time of monitored methods changes over certain period
of time with the number of concurrent users increasing. JUnitPerf could
probably be extended to include such a functionality but I was hoping to
find something that is already has such capabilities. Currently we are
playing with Grinder. It looks interesting because it could be configured
through external configuration files, works with Cactus or any other JUnit
based tool, can simulate concurrent requests through its agents, and
generates reports visually and in form of a file.

The only problem I had with it so far is the communication between the
console and its agents on Win 2000 machine. The console is using multicast
to broadcast commands to the agents. For some reason I have problem to make
it work under windows. I'm still trying.

In any case thank you for the suggestion.

Dimitar