From "Dimitar Georgievski" <dgeorgiev...@horizonk.com>
Subject commons logging problem with JUnit/Cactus
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:07:56 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cactus to run J2EE tests. Normally cactus runs from Ant and it
works just fine. The problem is when I try to run the same tests from a
command line using JUnit test runner. I receive an error related to commons
logging. No matter which logging framework I tried to use I receive the same
error: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.xxxx does not implement Log.

Even if I try to disable logging explicitly
using -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpL
og option I receive the same error.

I tried to move common logs at the top of class path. It didn't work. The
same error was generated. I am running out of ideas. Any help would be
appreciated.

Is there any way to disable the common logging?

I am using
- J2SE 1.4.2 on Win 2000
- jakarta-cactus-13-1.6.1
- commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
- junit-3.8.1.jar

Thanks,

Dimitar

This is the output of the exception stack.

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Exception in constructor: testUserFind
(org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:532) 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:272) 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:246) 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395) 	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.setDelegatedTest_arou
ndBody3$advice(ServerTestCaseCaller.java:109) 	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.setDelegatedTest(Serv
erTestCaseCaller.java) 	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.<init>(ServerTestCase
Caller.java:66) 	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.init(AbstractCactusTestCas
e.java:200) 	at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.<init>(AbstractCactusTestC
ase.java:102) 	at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.<init>(ServletTestCase.java:93) 	at
com.wiley.tes.uni.user.TestUserManager.<init>(Unknown Source) 	at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) 	at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAcces
sorImpl.java:39) 	at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstruc
torAccessorImpl.java:27) 	at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274) 	at
com.wiley.tes.uni.user.TestUserManager.suite(Unknown Source) 	at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) 	at
) 	at
.java:25) 	at junit.runner.BaseTestRunner.getTest(BaseTestRunner.java:111)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:416) 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:525) 	... 26 more Caused by:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger does not implement Log 	at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:412) 	... 27 more )